Monday, February 21, 2011

Goodbye, lovely weekend...

On Thursday, I got the ice cream maker I just ordered from Amazon with my $50 gift card I cashed in from my points on Lexis. I had a lot of trouble deciding between this and a bread maker and called John, both my parents, and Emily for an opinion. John had no opinion, Emily and my mom didn't answer the phone, and so when my dad emphatically said, "Get the ice cream maker," I just went for it. Plus, it's an adorable robin's egg blue color--how could I resist?



Next up on the weekend agenda: Friday. Friday was my 24th birthday (24 has still not sunk in). John got me these beautiful red wine glasses, which I was *thisclose* to buying for myself with my Amazon gift card. I never told him I wanted them, though, so I thought it was really thoughtful of him. I used to never drink red wine, but I've had a change of heart recently. John likes red better than white, so I think he is just thrilled that I'll drink red now!



Friday night we went out to a law school party (Champagne Campaign) down at Ky's Lounge. Afterward, we went to Chic-n-Bones. We didn't make it out until really late (typical!) but we still had a good time. This is a picture from that night and I absolutely love it--this is kind of John and I in a nutshell.



Saturday I had lunch at Yesterday's (probably my favorite restaurant in Morgantown) with my mom, dad, grandma, and John. (Sadly, no pictures--we were having too much fun and I forgot to take any!)

Yesterday I spent all day working on my student note for Law Review. We have to format it using a macro for Word, so I downloaded the program to a flash drive so I could do it at home. At 10:45 (the note was due at 11:59) I went to format my note...and the program wouldn't run on my home computer. I had to run to the law school to do it there, but luckily got my paper in by 11:30. Needless to say, though, it was a little stressful! By the time I got home, I was super tired but also WIRED. John suggested I relax with a cup of tea, which hadn't occurred to me, but I'm so glad I did. I chose my Sleepy Time tea. It has valerian in it, and it really works! I like to keep that tea in the house, as well as honey and chamomile (perfect for when you have a cold) and I usually have Tazo in the cabinet, too.




And that was the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I would have totally went for the ice maker over the bread machine. just sayin' :)

    http://stardom-randomness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete